- Campaign Kick-Off Fundraiser June 25th
- Breaking Down Your Tax Bill
- Sorry Gilberts - Our Internet Isn't Free
- The Impact of Road Impact Fees
- Why I voted for Democracy and allowed voters to decide their own course
- June 2017 County Board Meeting Re-Cap
- May 2017 County Board Meeting Re-Cap
- April 2017 County Board Meeting Re-Cap
- March 2017 County Board Meeting Re-Cap
- February 2017 County Board Meeting Re-Cap
Honest, ethical government. Is that too much to ask for nowadays? In Illinois the phrase has become an oxymoron. All too often local officials forget why they initially sought office. Illinois in general has become known as the corruption capital of the United States. Our former governor is pleading "politics as usual" as his defense in a federal corruption case charging him with attempting to sell a US Senate appointment for personal game. We deserve better.
As an avid outdoors man, Kurt is a strong advocate of conserving our natural resources. While some politicians resort to exaggerated claims and misguided pseudo science as scare tactics, Kurt believes each one of us should simply want be a good steward of our natural resources, working together to balance the needs of wildlife and population growth.
With unemployment surpassing national predictions, more and more families are forced to do more with less. Why should your Government be any different? When residents see the out of control spending at the national and state levels, its no wonder their trust in elected officials has all but evaporated. We need to do better.
Its the economy, stupid! A little known Arkansas Governor Bill Clinton used this slogan to capture the White House from President George H. W. Bush in 1992. Today, the saying is just as relevant, if not more so.